We all know summer time can get busy, but if you’re going to live your healthiest life, you need to make sure you’re taking time for yourself. We know that’s easier said than done, so we’re putting together a list of 7 things you can do this summer to make sure you’re investing in yourself.
- Plan a vacation. Seriously, it’s not an achievement to say you haven’t been on vacation in 5 years, you need that R & R even if you don’t think it’s true. Take time this summer to go somewhere you love with people you love – it’ll be worth it.
- Go out on a boat. Look, if you live in the Midwest, you really only have one season to get out on the water so you better make it count. Whether your idea of boating is sitting out fishing, laying on the deck or water skiing, make sure you take advantage of the time you’ve got.
- Eat more fresh food. Whether it’s watermelon or your favorite herbs from the garden, summer is the time to eat fresh. Make sure to keep an eye out for our posts on the best summer diet for skin health as well as our previous posts on the foods that will help you get that glow.
- Spend time poolside. We love the sun and there’s nothing wrong with basking in its rays if you’re smart about it and use some COOLA beforehand. Just make sure not to make it an all day affair or you’ll risk damaging your skin. Also, if you find you went a little long and you’re feeling burnt, grab some HYDRATE to soothe your skin.
- Go for walks. Time alone or with a good friend in the outdoors is good for your soul. Not only does it give you time to soak up the sights, but it gives you time to think and collect your thoughts. There’s nothing like a good walk in sunny weather to sharpen that mental axe, so get out there!
- Wake up earlier. So maybe your “not a morning person,” but don’t let that stop you this time. There’s only so much summer and waking up a bit earlier helps you to live your life at the pace you want to. Just make sure you head to bed a little earlier too – better to use that time looking at a sunrise, right?
- Get a goGLOW. We had to…this one is a no-brainer if you want to get out in the sun in the early summer without looking like the ghost of Christmas past. Make sure you still use sun protection, but there’s no better feeling than looking like you’ve been working on your tan for months in your first summertime outing. If you want to enjoy the process even more, book a Tantini and come with a friend!
Summers are for enjoyment, make sure you get the most out of yours. Book your goGLOW today or check out our full line of products at goglow.co/products.