- 1-2 Days Before Appointment
- Day of Appointment
- After Appointment
1-2 Days Before Appointment
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Using an exfoliating glove or mitt (not a scrub product), exfoliate your entire body head to toe. Pay special attention to dry areas like feet, knees, elbows, neck, underarms and back of arms. Do not use oil-based exfoliators or products that contain sulfates. We particularly LOVE our EXFOLIATE mitts available at all goGLOW locations and in our online shop to get this job done.
- Shave or wax at least 8 hours before appointment.
- Discontinue the use of any retinol or retinoids.
- Discontinue the use of any bar soaps, DOVE, DR. BRONNERS or DIAL products. These will disrupt the pH balance of your skin and result in an uneven tan, patchiness and sometimes orange results.
- Make sure all manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials and massages are done at least the day before your goGLOW appointment. The oils used during these services will create a barrier between your skin and the goGLOW application, and will result in an uneven goGLOW.
- Pregnant? Congrats! We spray all pregnant women after the first trimester is complete. If this is your first goGLOW appointment during your pregnancy please copy and paste this waiver into your web browser; https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5cad255ac947d/web/.
- New client and under 18? Perfect! Please copy and paste this waiver into your web browser and have your parent/guardian fill it out for you; https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/554144d8ba574/web/.
Day of Appointment
- Pack appropriate clothing! If it’s raining or snowing, make sure you have proper attire that covers you from head to toe. We do not want drops of water hitting your new GLOW. You will need to put on loose, dark cotton clothing after your glow – aka NO DENIM. The best outfit to wear after you are sprayed is; loose pants, long sleeve t-shirt and slide shoes or flip flops.
- Take a shower – but just a water rinse. Any soaps, shampoos or conditioners that get on your skin the day of your tan may leave a residue and impede the sunless tanning process by leaving a film on your skin that will result in a blotchy tan.
- Skip the lotions, oils, perfume, makeup and deodorant OR plan on using an exfoliating mitt ($5) to take this all off!
- WOMEN – Plan on wearing dark colored underwear or swim bottoms. This will be your tan line. We have a female-only, professional and discreet staff, so you may wear whatever you’d like (or nothing) during your session. Women are welcome to be nude, however, we require a discreet sticker to be placed on an area of your choice to visibly see the depth of goGLOW and how it is maintained.
MEN – plan on wearing dark boxers or undergarments. We require male clients to wear bottoms.
- Are you a brand new client? Sign our waiver. Copy this link into your web browser; https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/554144d8ba574/web/
- Change into a loose fitting top and bottom, no bras or tight clothing. Sweatpants, pajamas, flip flops and/or loose long sleeve t-shirts are best! Avoid tight clothing or clothing that allows your skin to touch skin. This will result in double processing of the goGLOW.
- If you were sprayed with our 'traditional' solution, wait to shower or get wet for at minimum 12 hours unless instructed otherwise by your goGLOW specialist.
- Rapid rinse solution must be rinsed off at the time your specialist suggests (this will be 2-5 hours after you are sprayed).
- In the first water rinse, completely remove all cosmetic bronzers with cool water and your hands only. Make sure the water rinses clear.
- Once you have rinsed, you will see the depth of your color accurately without any cosmetic bronzer additive. If you are dark enough to your liking after your first rinse, and wish to stop the tan from developing further, we encourage you to use CLEANSE + HYDRATE. All goGLOW solutions will reach final development at 24 hours if you do not use any products.
- After 24 hours, keep your skin hydrated and moisturized daily with HYDRATE. Stay away from mineral oil, AHAs, petroleum, ethanol, exfoliating and alcohol based products as these will strip your tan faster. We formulated the line of goGLOW products to be safe, non-toxic products to preserve your goGLOW tan and promote healthy and hydrated skin, to keep your tan lasting!
- Avoid over showering, long hot showers and baths, chlorine, loofahs and exfoliants of any kind for 5-7 days. Keep in mind, the act of soaking and scrubbing during any nail treatments will remove the tan on the legs and feet.
- Apply sunscreen, safe sun care is a must!